Your Cart is Empty

January 17, 2018 1 min read

Being a supplier that specializes in providing custom cut USDOT number decalsand US DOT magnetic signs, we hear this question often. If you or your company operates a vehicle for commercial purposes, that transports passengers or hauls cargo from state to state for commerce, you must register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and display the issued USDOT number. Your unique USDOT number will be your individual identification number for any company safety audits, vehicle inspections, accident reports and compliance reviews. This number will be required to be posted on your vehicle and must be visible from a minimum of 50 feet away.

FMCSA has an online tool you can use that will help you along in the process. You can start at the link below if you have not already registered for DOT compliance, but think you may need to. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) will walk you through a short survey to figure out if you need the registration or are exempt from the requirement. The survey on the FMCSA site can be found here